february 23-24, 2022
what is trade summit of the americas?
trade summit of the americas is a convening of the greatest minds in international trade.
We are reinvigorating the “trade conference,” with practical, actionable conversations and thoughtful presentations on not only the current state of affairs in international trade, but also pondering what the future might hold for our industry.
who will be there?
trade summit of the americas will convene hundreds of regulators, trade compliance professionals, service providers, and infrastructure players, both domestic and international, to evoke conversations around the most important issues for global trade.
Decision-makers and future creators alike will be joining us, either in-person in Miami, FL, or online in a virtual setting.
why attend trade summit of the americas?
Be at the forefront of trade policy
We’ll host conversations around the latest changes in international trade policy, as well as some of the changes we are anticipating in the near future
Become more resilient in your business
Learn about trade infrastructure updates, including route changes, port improvements, and other key factors to efficient supply chains
Connect with colleagues from around the globe
The Trade Summit of the Americas gathers top trade professionals from Canada, the United States, Latin America, and the Caribbean
Get New Ideas
Our speakers will highlight what is to come in the future of international trade and how we can best prepare for it
what will we talk about?
Hear from top trade professionals and regulators as they discuss top policy themes such as free trade, forced labor, ecommerce oversight, and the 21st century customs framework.
With cargo congestion and shortages dominating headlines over the past year, these conversations around nearshoring, trucking and equipment challenges, condensed routes, and more are sure to give you practical insights for planning your business strategy moving forward.
We’ll talk with industry leaders to understand the practical side of cutting-edge technologies and how we can leverage tools like artificial intelligence, machine learning, and blockchain to move goods safely and efficiently.
VP, Global Supply Chain Solutions, Crowley
President, Compliance Assurance
Commissioner, U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
Sr. Manager, Business Development, Port Everglades
Commissioner, Federal Maritime Commission
Chief Transformation Officer, ECU Worldwide
Executive Vice President, FCBF
President, World BASC Organization
CEO and Port Director, Port Everglades
Ralph De La Rosa
President, Imperial Freight
Member, Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.
Director, Risk Management, John S. James
Manager, Freight and Multimodal Operations, FDOT
Director, CTPAT, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Chief Strategy Officer, Interport Group of Companies
Senior Director, Global Trade Compliance & Policy, Abbott
Director, Customs Affairs and Compliance, A.N. Deringer
President and CEO, Florida Trucking Association
T. James Min II
Partner, LimNexus LLP
Director, US Customs and Trade Compliance, Pricesmart
Peter Quinter, Esq.
Chair, US Customs and International Trade Law Group, GrayRobinson P.A.
VP, Customs Brokerage, Averitt Express
President, RFC Logistics
Gabriel Rodriguez, LCB, CCS
President, A Customs Brokerage
Global Director, Government Outreach, Expeditors
Commissioner, Federal Maritime Commission
Member, Import & Export Practice Group, Standler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.
Founder & CEO, Cargologik
Kimberly Wakeman, LCB, CCS
Vice President, Regional Operations & Government Affairs, Avalon Risk Management
Omari S. Wooden
Assistant Division Chief, U.S. Census Bureau
Federico "Kiko" Zuniga
Executive Director, NCBFAA Educational Institute
Welcome + Keynote
Panel: Logistics Reality Check – Balancing Supply with Demand
Ocean carrier leadership share their perspective of the recent imbalance between carrier capacity and shipper loads impacting services and routes as well as what’s in store for the future.
Panel: Trade Transparency – Decentralizing the Disruption
- Karyl Fowler, CEO, Transmute
- Donna Mullins, VP, Kale Info Solutions Inc. (USA)
- Gary Goldfarb, Chief Strategy Officer, Interport Logistics
Panel: Click + Ship – Digital Freight Forwarding
- Jesus David Rodriguez, Chief Strategy Officer + Co-Founder, Magaya
- Philip Blumenthal, Chief Transportation Officer, ECU Worldwide
- Miles Varghese, CEO + Co-Founder, Cargologik
- MODERATOR: Martyn Van Hoegen, Qwyk
Conversation: Making the Case for Collaboration – Supply Chain Security & Compliance through Partnership Programs
- Manuel Garza, Director, CTPAT, CBP
- Fermin Cuza, President, World BASC Organization
- MODERATOR: Lenny Feldman, Esq., Member, Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg
Panel: Crisis Logistics and Compliance – Expecting the Unexpected
The global pandemic has underscored the relevance of a scalable, malleable supply chain. What steps can your enterprise take today to accommodate the urgent needs of tomorrow’s next crisis?
Panel: Detention, Demurrage & Drayage – Confronting Last Mile Challenges
- Alix Miller, PhD, President + CEO, Florida Trucking Association
- Rickey Fitzgerald, Manager, Freight and Multimodal Operations, FDOT
- Bill Ramia, VP, Customs Brokerage, Averitt Express
- Alex Thomson, Commercial Director, Florida International Terminal
- MODERATOR: Robert Barcelo, Cargo Development Manager, Port Everglades
Panel: The Power of Your People – Education and Resources for a Modern Team
- Kimberly Wakeman, VP, Regional Operations + Government Affairs, Avalon Risk Management
- Javier Muñoz, Director, US Customs + Trade Compliance, Pricesmart
- Federico “Kiko” Zuniga, Executive Director, NCBFAA Education Institute
- Jan Fields, CCS, CES, Director of Risk Management, John S. James
- MODERATOR: Megan Conyers, Executive Vice President, FCBF
Panel: e-Commerce – Is Product Safety & Security Keeping Pace with the Cargo Flow?
- Dana Baiocco, Commissioner, U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Susie Hoeger, Senior Director, Global Trade Compliance, Abbott Laboratories
- Peter Quinter, Esq., Shareholder, GrayRobinson, P.A.
- MODERATOR: Amy Magnus, Director of Customs Affairs + Compliance, A.N. Deringer
coffee break sponsors
headshot studio sponsor
Lock in your spot!
Take advantage of early bird rates, starting at $349! In-person and virtual options available.
Interested in Sponsorship?
Put your brand in front of the most senior audience of logistics,
transportation & supply chain innovators and leaders.