Export Best Practices
Webinar: EXPORT BEST PRACTICES
In the past, EEI has not been heavily enforced by CBP, but recently we are seeing cases with fines upwards of $10,000 for violations. Make sure your exports are compliant with the latest regulations.
In this webinar, Peter Quinter, Attorney (U.S. Customs and International Trade Law Group, GrayRobinson, P.A.), provided an overview of best practices involving Electronic Export Information that should be submitted through the Automated Export System (AES).
Peter was joined by Lourdes Leon, president of Atlantic Overseas Express and chair of the FCBF Board of Directors, who shared her experience as a freight forwarder with proper export documentation and other tools for a successful freight forwarding operation.
Helpful Definitions | Acronyms
- ACE: Automated Commercial Environment
- AES: Automated Export System
- EEI: Electronic Export Information
- FCBF: Florida Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association
- FPPI: Foreign Principal Party of Interest
- FTR: Foreign Trade Regulations
- ITN: Internal Transaction Number
- NCBFAA: National Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association of America
- POA: Power of Attorney
- SLI: Shipper’s Letter of Instruction
- SRN: Shipment Reference Number
- USPPI: U.S. Principal Party of Interest