Company Hiring: Seaboard Solutions
How to apply: Please apply directly on our company website in order to be considered for any of our opportunities. https://www.seaboardsolutions.com/job-openings/
Job title: Export Supervisor (Specialized Accounts)
Location: Medley, FL
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, and 401K.
Long-term employment with opportunities for growth
We offer excellent benefits from day one, including:
- 401(K) Retirement Saving Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Other benefits
Assist and maintain an efficient and profitable added value Export service scope for Seaboard Solutions Export Specialize Accounts Team. Maintain effective business relationships with foreign and domestic offices/departments and assigned key and company top accounts. Work in an effective cross-divisional manner to optimize customer experience and company results. Contribute expert knowledge during discussions of critical issues. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applications out of the geographic region for this position will not be considered.
- At least three (3) years of experience in the U.S. ocean and air transportation industry. To include; export documentation, coordinating inland trucking for LCL/FCL (Less/Full Container Load), cargo insurance, and cargo consolidation/deconsolidation.
- One (1) year of experience supervising staff.
- Experience in preparation of Electronic Export Information (EEI), Ocean Bill of Lading (OBL) documents, import arrival notifications, airway bills, as well as understanding the process of a letter of credit.
- Knowledge of specialized documents for food products such as Certificates of free sales, Phytosanitary, USDA documents.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Intermediate computer skills (in programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Intermediate to advanced communication skills in English and Spanish (verbal and written).
- Effective analytical and negotiating skills relevant to rating, pricing and bookings.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including telephone etiquette and positive customer relations abilities.
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize and be detail oriented.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and other individuals s/he may have to contact in order to perform her/his job.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries regarding the areas and/or countries s/he works with.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, multitask and possess strong initiative.
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays and/or weekends, as needed.
- Knowledge of state, federal and international applicable laws and regulations (Federal Maritime Commission, , U.S. Customs, environmental and hazardous, import/export.
- Familiarity with International Commercial Terms (INCOTERMS) and shipping terms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, International Business or Logistics.. Equivalent training in business and Export trade requirements will be considered in lieu of degree.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify customer service requirements and define/develop rate quote requests.
- Document and execute standard operating process and service parameters for Specialized Accounts involving Purchased Order Management shipment life cycle
- Supervise the Specialized Accounts Export Account Representatives Team to ensure effective execution of Seaboard Solutions services and customer operating procedures parameters.
- Train all Specialized Accounts Export Account Representatives to meet the company’s service and regulatory compliance objectives.
- Maintain training materials and training records to support divisional training.
- Execute week or biweekly team meetings and circulate and record meeting minutes, assigned tasks and deadlines. Manage deadlines and task completion.
- Define and manage process enhancement projects and execute in a collaborative manner with team members to create a goal oriented environment and engage team with common division goals.
- Maintain a continuous and results driven staff development program.
- Continuously review, modify and enhance processes and procedures to maintain optimal service standards, team efficiency and productivity levels.
- Work with accounts to maintain detailed supplier Vendor Manuals and subsequently monitor and ensure compliance of requirements.
- Responsible for writing and maintaining division and account standard operating procedures.
- Analyze customer’s air, ocean and inland rates and work with internal pricing team(s) to define/secure the most cost effective rate structure for the Global transportation of their cargoes.
- Audit shipments for compliance of all export regulations to include EEI Submission results.
- Prepare specialized reports as requested by management and customers.
- Review KPI reporting and maintain corrective action conference calls with Customer and respective suppliers.
- Review to ensure all shipment revenue and cost is properly applied to achieve profitable results for the Division.
- Coordinate inland trucking, consolidations, and identify marine/air insurance requirements.
- Maintain management and overseas offices informed on a regular basis, alerting management of business opportunities, problems /issues.
- Seek additional business opportunities with customers during business interactions
- Gather and monitor all relevant export documentation needed to ship via ocean/air.
- Keep current with government regulations pertaining to international commodities shipments, e.g. hazardous materials, customs, foreign country regulations.
- Prepare appropriate shipping documentation, letters of instruction, invoices, bill of ladings, air waybills, delivery orders, packing lists, Certificates of origin etc. as well as tracking of shipments.
- Prepare and oversee pick up and deliveries of cargoes per customer’s request.
- Perform and oversee cargo bookings and all related tasks for air and ocean services.
- Work with warehouse operations to track and prepare loading specs of cargoes as per customer requirements and maximum cubic utilization of Ocean Containers.
- Work with customer suppliers to track availability, coordinate pick up and ship orders based on PO Management customer guidelines and identify most effective routing means based on established rate structures and in compliance with all governmental agencies/regulations (Customs, Census Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, Haz-mat regulations, FMC)
- Prepare reports required by customers and invoice all related services performed on Export shipments.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use his fingers.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Reports directly to the Export Manager and indirectly to the Director of International Logistics.
Exercises supervision over other staff.
- Indoors office. Exposed to controlled temperature and office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually busy (many phones in open cubicles).
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
SEABOARD SOLUTIONS IS EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability or any other basis protected by applicable law. Background Check and Physical Screenings along with other tests may be required, as applicable.