Company Hiring: Seaboard Solutions
How to apply: Please apply directly through this link https://seaboardmarine.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/b26906b8-d06c-d6f4-a63a-b07e2ea15497/apply?source=1815889-CS-44979
Job title: Customs Brokerage Entry Writer
Location: Medley, FL
We offer excellent benefits from day one, including:
- 401(K) Retirement Saving Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Other benefits
Responsible for efficient entry and ISF data input filings in assisting the Customs Brokerage team achieve timely delivery and compliance of Customs regulations as well any requirements of other governmental agencies. To represent the company’s interest in any function, specifically those related to the compliance of brokerage functions. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Applications out of the geographic region for this position will not be considered.
- Two (2) years of experience processing customs entries.
- Familiar with U.S. Customs Regulations.
- Basic knowledge of the HTSUS.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Attention to detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review entry documents for accuracy and provide feedback to appropriate parties if anything is missing or incomplete.
- Review shipment ISF data and submit within the regulatory timeline and manage exceptions as required.
- Process and submit entries as required by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) verify results and make corrections if necessary.
- Work with Management to respond and submit required information to any applicable Participating Government Agencies (PGAs).
- Work with management to address any exceptions with the involved parties.
- Provide clearance status as needed to the appropriate parties.
- Execute file billing in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships.
- Any other duties as assigned by Management.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their fingers.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is continuously required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear protective PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as instructed or necessary
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Employee receives direct supervision from Import Manager. Employee does not exercise supervision over any other position.
- Indoors office. Exposed to controlled temperature and office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually busy (many phones in open cubicles).
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
SEABOARD SOLUTIONS IS EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability or any other basis protected by applicable law. Background Check and Physical Screenings along with other tests may be required, as applicable.