Location: Fort Myers, FL In-office with a possibility of limited remote work.
Benefits: Medical insurance program, paid vacation, and matching IRA program.
Send Resume & Questions to: Carolyn Wilmot @ email@example.com
Responsible for efficient shipment import process including ISF, entry processing, Customs and government agency resolution, file documentation compliance, and compliance of Customs regulations as well any other governmental agencies. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Three (3) years of entry writing and/ or brokerage operation experience.
- Licensed Customs Broker
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. Customs regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of the HTSUS
- Knowledge of FDA/OGA process.
- In-depth understanding of U.S. import process.
- Intermediate Computer skills (in programs such as MS Word, Excel & Outlook, ABI).
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Proficient in English.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and deliver a high level of customer service.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Experience using DESCARTES software
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Classify import items and notify Customs to determine appropriate import duties
- Maintain a high level of expertise in all areas of US Customs regulations, including customs clearance processes, classification, and valuation. Perform regular review of trade publications
- Maintain and keep current all customs compliance documentation for management audit and record retention.
- Review and process entries including the classification and valuation of goods
- Process documents through the Company’s ABI system, obtaining Customs release and other government agency releases as appropriate.
- Review and monitor all Customs rejections, requests for information for clients and any other government agency, and other correspondence
- Adhere to all domestic and international shipping regulations
- Communicate with clients, coworkers, and supervisors in a clear, concise, and timely manner
- Provide excellent and timely customer service, and proactively inform clients of the status of shipments.
- Assist in handling each account and Customs correspondence, post-entry process, and any other related information.
- Compile documentation for Customs packets as required by Customs.