Report for Gateway ports, some general points:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has declared Lock out for Entire India for 21 days EFFECTIVE TILL 15TH APRIL 2020 .
- Shipping Ministry has declared any port and associated services as emergency services and to be excluded from lock out.DGS has issued a addendum 2 as attached with Rational PPE which is good and helpful.
- Ennore facing serious labour issues with Cape Nemo managed somehow .Even our boarding officer was not allowed by police and permission was given as on off case to ange.
- However most of the port terminals , CFSs etc are working with minimum staff as most of the staff has run away from the locations , trailer drivers have vanished with just 10% drivers available .Accessing the office is by our vsl staff ,our vehicles and our surveyors at most locations is getting difficult day by day.
- The terminals would face serious issue with operations if import evacuations do not happen as as of today the yard inventories are slowly on the rise and have gone to 62% ( except for BMCT )which if keeps on increasing at this pace would pose an issue.
- Rail services are normal but many of the ICDs are closed leading to trains getting stabilised at various locations.
|COVID 19 DAILY OPS REPORT||26th March 2020|
|BERTHS STATUS AND TERMINAL OPERATIONS||GATES STATUS||SPECIAL REMARKS/ CIRCULARS ETC|
|MUNDRA||Operations are on however the productivity is affected due to labour shortage .APL Antwerp AS1 phase in vessel berthed at CT2 at 1840hrs/ 23rd and sailed at 1500hrs/ 24th.CC Medea ( Indamex phase in ) berthed 25th /2310hrs Wednesday evening ETC: 27th / 0400hrs . Terminal Productivity remains normal at Mundra .||CFSs and Empty yards are not operational and this is leading to almost Zero gate movement in Mundra.||Berth Clearances are happening as per DGS order 04 and addendum .All Preacustions as per orders to be complied.1. Lock down LOC DOWN IN ENTIRE INDIA TILL 15TH OF APRIL.|
2.All the business installations barring essential services remain shut.
3. All CFSs at Mundra are completely shut down.While in Nhava sheva are operational but hardly any movement seen.
4. Surveyors MMS attendance is very feeble.
5. Police is stopping the movement of people and vehicles however we have been manging some how with some document ref.
6. Terminal Operations is normal, but traffic at gate is almost NIL. There is hardly any movement of trailers happening.
7. Empty container allotment from empty yards has come to grinding halt.
|NHAVA SHEVA||VESSELS ARRIVING FROM CHINESE PORTS ARE DELAYED IN BERTHING. CURFEW / LOCk out EFFECT IS SEEN AND POLICE THREATENING STRICT ACTION, IF MOVED OUT. TERMINALS WORKING WITH LIMITED ITVS,OPERATORS CHECKERS ETC WHICH MAY DELAY ON BERTH VESSELS. Terminal operations too are extremely slow due to low staff turnaround. Apl Antwerp was delayed berthing at NSA due to shortage of labour , BMCT had to make the night shift labour sleep in terminal and then pst their adequate rest APL Ant werp Berthed at 0036/ 26th and completed at 0859hrs/ 26th and salied at 0945hrs .BB handling is becoming impossible due to no lashers , handling gear,and accessibility to NSA. terminals will not be able to handle BB till things normalise.MSC Asya EPIC1 will be doing COR with Hazira first and then NSA due to berths behind schedule IN NSIGT.||Gates officially are open however very low gate movements observed due to complete Lock down in Maharashtra. Thuogh post JNPT Chairman intervention and assurance by Police commisioner we s could see small movement happening at terminals .BB cargoes not allowed by terminal till further notice due to non availability of lashing gangs and equipments as a consequence of lock down.import evacuations and export gateins are severely affected. yard inventories at terminal are nearly 60% ( except for BMCT which remains at 40%) and expected to rise further as import evacuation are very slow and would be a BIG cause of concern as terminal would not be able to withstand this when the inventories reach beyond 80% with no import evacuation happening.||Please find below MOM with Jnpt – police and transports held at JNCH admin building today at 1500 Hrs –|
Capt Kapoor (Deputy conservator ) / Mr Gurav CMT and Mr Damgude / ACP were present in the meeting.
1. trailer movement – police assured that they will have 100% support from them and they have instructions from police commissioner Navi Mumbai.
2. Police authorities are even ready to counselling of available drivers for building confidence in them for movement
3. JNPT has alredy issued the stickers for emergency movement which is useful for all Navi Mumbai region
4. JNPT administration is going to call all local sarpanch and ask them for cooperation in presence of police administration.
|PIPAVAV||Berths Exected to slide due to the DG Shipping circular. APL Columbus berthing delayed due to non availabilyt of proper corona virus PPE which is held up in transit due to lock down expecetd to berth at 1530hrs.||Gates officially are open however no gate movements are slowed to almost 5% only ones which are in pipeline .||Yards inventories are on the rise with increase in Import pendencies with nothing getting cleared.however Pipavav has adequate space to hold back operations|
|HAZIRA||Severe shortage of Operators faced by the terminal. APL Savannah berthed today 24th /0840hrs expected completion 25th/ 1700hrs.||Gates officially are open however no gate movements are slowed to almost 5% only ones which are in pipeline .||Shortage of operators faced by the terminal.|
|CHENNAI||NORMAL as of now no impact on berthing & unberthing however Cargo operations are taking long to start due to PHO inspection .Cape Nemo berthed on arrival at 1930hrs/ 24th howvere cargo commencd post PHO inspection at 2330hrs vsl sailed 25th 1330hrs .||Gates officially are open however no gate movements are slowed to almost 5% only ones which are in pipeline .||Terminal working with sufficient operators.However shortage of truck drivers. are facing issue with availability of operators, and as many operators coming from nearby villages are not able to reach office due to lock down|
|TUTICORIN||Opertions slowed down due to lock down.||All CFSs and EMPTY Depots are closed.|
|ENNORE||NORMAL as of now no impact on berthing & unberthing. Cape Nemo berthed on arrival at Ennore at 1600hrs/27th . However due non vaiability of lashing gangs the vessel operations were delayed . We with the help of APL HO had prposed lashinigs by vsls crew which was duly agreed for the vessel to be operated . Fortunately they managed staff for the vessel and vessel operated and completed at 1040hrs/26th.||Terminal working with sufficient operators & truck drivers.Proper PPE ( protective chemical suits) ordered for smooth functioning .Adani Terminals are facing issue with availability of operators, and as many operators coming from nearby villages are not able to reach office due to lock down|
|KOLKATA||Kolkata will now follow the norma as per DGS order addendum 02 as attached and thus is relived of this 14 days period except for vsls coming from China .||Kolkata port was adamant and wil keep vessels quarantined for 14 days for vessels coming from all Infected countries, however expect the port to change the stance and woould follow other ports.|
|VIZAG||Vessel operations are normal , with proper DGS order addendum 2 .||Crew exchange, ship supplies, waste disposal etc. are suspended. 2. DGS advisory and PHO SOP followed|
|COCHIN||No restrictions, vessel berthing /unberthing as per schedules.||Following the latest DGS /PHO advisory.|