The Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), containing about 5,000 commodity groups, allows us to achieve uniform classification for product imports and exports. This system is used by more than 170 countries and economies as a basis for their Customs tariffs and for the collection of international trade statistics.
In this workshop, instructor Audrey Nielsen will help you understand the HTS for imports and the Schedule B listing for exports, using real examples and a hands-on approach to classification.
This three-hour session is best suited for people involved with logistics and documentation of imports and/or exports. In order to customize this workshop for the participants, all participants are welcome to provide some information on their products and questions in advance. Some of the topics we’ll cover:
- Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States – HTSUS
- Learn about the U.S. Rules of Interpretation
- Cross Search
- Customs rulings online search system
- ADD / CVD search
- Participating Government Agencies
- Information on Special Programs, General System of Preferences